Ok, so coming from a home of Michael Jackson fans (Kelley and I), I just HAD to mark this day in history for Mia to see years from now. I wanted her to know where she was when he died. To me, MJ dying is comparable to Elvis dying during our parents' era. I have enjoyed his music since I was a little girl, listening to him on my sister's record player. It's just so sad. I feel so sad for his family. God bless his family, along with Farrah Fawcett's, Ed McMahon, and then Billy Mays. So many celebs passed so close together. I think it's neat to hear my dad talk about Farrah Fawcett. He went to school with her in Corpus Cristi. He said she was real natural for the most part, then someone made her over, and suddenly ALL the guys wanted her, and she had nothing to do with them, Haha!
Anyways, here are my photos to mark this day in history! I believe the date he actually died was June 25, 2009.


Here Mia is, playing, totally clueless as to what is happening in the world, and all over the news. Please excuse the mess, and all the stuff crammed into the tv stand. We are in the middle of some "Summer Cleaning" and on this day, things were scattered everywhere!
WHAT... you have BABY stuff around... it's expected!! LOL!! That was a great pic for her memory book!! Yes, it really is just like when Elvis died, I was a young teen when he died, and still remember the frenzy. And Farrah Fawcett (that's neat that your dad went to school with her) seemed SO GENUINE (of course, I don't know) but I never remember any contraversy about her... very sad that her life ended the way it did.
ReplyDelete