Today was such a special day to Kelley and I. Today was Mia's 6 month birthday. I can't believe she's been here half a year! She has grown so much, and each day she becomes sweeter, more precious and more beautiful to me than the day before. She's such a big girl now, but then again, still so tiny. I thought it was neat that today was the day that she finally sat by herself, for longer than a few seconds! Luckily, Kelley and I were both watching her when it happened, so we grabbed the camera and caught it on tape! I never knew I could feel love the way that I do for Mia. I prayed so hard tonight as I layed her in her crib, for God to watch over her, not only tonight, but throughout her life. I prayed that she grows to be a God fearing woman, that God protect her from illness, injuries, and heartbreaks. I wish that I could protect her forever and always! I know that I will do my best to protect her and teach her how to live her life for Christ, and that will protect her throughout her days after she leaves me -as an adult. I also told her tonight that Papa was and always will be watching over her. Ok, tears here.
On a lighter note, her little personality is really shining now....
I love how her little mouth flies open and she lets out these loud gasps when she's excited, I love how I see her eyes squint up behind that paci when I come to her crib when she wakes. Those eyes tell me she is smiling behind the paci. I love how she always grins when I put lotion on her legs and feet after her bath. I love how she follows mine and Kelley's voices and looks for us when one of us enters a room, I love how she plays and coos with her toys in the backseat when we're running errands. I love how she holds her little hand out and touches my face and looks into my eyes when I hold her. I love how she opens her little mouth for every spoonful of solids (except sweet peas!!) She loves sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans, pears and peaches. She loves apple juice, pear juice and white grape juice (deluted). She LOVES Cleo, and Cleo loves Mia. When I'm holding Mia, Cleo will lay right next to us and Mia will make excited sounds as she will reach out and touch Cleo's fur. When Mia cries, Cleo does her best to get to her and give her arm a lick. I love how Mia will walk around with Bailey and watch the things she does. I love how Mia loves her Daddy, and will sit in his lap and snuggle for long periods of time without a single squirm. Her face just lights up and the slightest sound of his voice. I love how she's finally starting to fall asleep with her head on my shoulder and her little arms around my neck. I love her love of the outdoors. I love her beautiful blue eyes, and her chubby little thights. :) I love her three middle toes and how they are almost the exact same length. I love to watch her toes wiggle when she's relaxed in someone's lap. I love being able to calm her cries. I love watching her little hands exploring and playing with toys, and how she LOVES things that crinkle. I love how she rubs her face in my shoulder when she's sleepy. I love how she is starting to put her hands on her bottle when she drinks, and tries to hold the spoon when she eats, like a big girl. I LOVED how she made Papa grin on our last visit to see him when she had a really big stinky Poo! Haha! I love being her Mommy. Ok, I'll stop with my list now and get to the pics!
Ok, now some of you will think this is silly, but I threw Mia a little "Happy Half Year" birthday party. (With just us at home) I have been saving some money that Nana and PePaw had given her through the past 6 months, and finally bought her her first Barbie. However, I had to buy her two gifts, because this Barbie will never come out of the box. She's the 50th Anniversary Barbie. (I know, how much fun is that for Mia??? It's not, so that's why I bought her the fun toy to go with it) Unfortunately, I waited until almost bedtime for her to do this, and she was exhausted! We could not get one smile out of her, and her eyes were so glazed, but....you'll get the idea!

Of course, Here's Cleo saying, "Can we get this party started?"
(I have NO idea what happened to my layout with this first section of pictures)


Giving Mia her princess wand...
The only smile we got out her...

Mia eating her wand...


You can see just how sleepy she was in this picture. Poor baby .


This toy should be exciting for her when she starts crawling, because it moves across the room!

You mean....I can't even take it out of the box????

I'd rather play with these feathers, then...

Sweet feet...

Thank you, Nana and Pepaw, for my very first Barbie! Nana, I know how much you love Barbies, so that makes this one even more special!



yeah, yeah, It's my half birthday and I got a doll I can't even open...



And on to the sitting!!!!
Here is Mia "sitting pretty", all by herself for the first time! In this video, she gets a little fussy, because we had been at it for quite some time taking pictures, and she had about had it with sitting!

Isn't it AMAZING jsut how much we are capable of LOVING!! I never KNEW how much I could LOVE until I had my baby!! It's literally like having your heart OUTSIDE of your body!!! And praying that God is always with them NEVER ends... mine is out with his friends at a party right now, and I always worry until he walks back in that door, but I KNOW God is with him, so I do my best to let go.
ReplyDeleteLove the little pool, great idea getting her used to the water in her own comfort zone!!
I can guarantee that when she's a little older, she's going to take that beautiful barbie OFF the shelf to play with it, and YOU WON'T EVEN CARE!! LOL!!!