Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mia's Big Girl Bed!

I know that there are a lot of opinions out there, as to when you should put your child in a toddler bed. We decided to do it when we felt it was best for Mia, not by what we heard or read in books. Mia slept wonderfully in her sweet crib, and never, ever climbed out of it. We said we were going to do it over Christmas, and we just didn't. We wanted to do it during a time where Kelley and I were both off of work, because we were expecting some sleepless nights, with lots of wake-ups. So, we chose to do it over Spring Break. It went so much better than we had expected. The first night was rough, the second night I slept on the floor next to her, and then she has slept soundly in it ever since! The only thing that cracks me up, is that she still acts like she can't get out of it without me, like it was with her crib. When she wakes up, I always let her stay a little and play, if she will. Yet, she always starts crying for me, and when I come in there, I tell her that she can climb out on her own. She hasn't "braved" that one yet. For now, we still have our baby monitor on, her door stays closed, with the baby-proof plastic thing on the door knob, because we want to know when she gets up and starts getting out of her bed. Obviously, once we master potty-training, we will change all of this...but for now, one small step at a time. I'm so proud of our big girl, and her big girl bed! :)
The before photo...the last picture of Mia and her crib...



Wondering just what Daddy is about to do...

Her first time in her bed. Sidenote...we HAVE matching sheets...but these green ones are our extra set when the others are being washed. Sorry...just had to put that out there. ;)







She was so silly the first time in her bed. We loved her attitude towards it. I'm thinking it's time to look for some more comfy bedding now, which leads to new window treatments, etc, etc....

My favorite, is how she loves to take her stuffed animals and dolls in there now, and tuck them in like I do her....sweet memories to hold on to. :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Now she's really a big girl. We found some great toddler bedding at onestepahead.com. The duvet cover has a fitted bottom (like a fitted sheet but only at the foot) so it doesn't come off the bed. Riley loves hers!

    ReplyDelete