Easter Sunday, we gathered at my Meme's house for our traditional family lunch and egg hunt! It's always such a treasured time for me. It still seems like something big is missing without my Papa there, and hearing his powerful prayers. I can still hear his prayers...like I heard them just yesterday. I can only imagine what he experienced in Heaven on this day.
On to the egg hunt...
Here Mia is...taking off!
Poor baby...it always seems to take her a minute or two on these hunts to get going! Haha!

There she goes!
There she goes!
Years ago, when my cousins and sister and I were little, our families all took our campers to Lake Lewisville for Easter. There are such fond memories there. There was this place, with tons and tons of big rocks sitting everwhere, and it was the PERFECT place for our egg hunts. I can remember it being actually difficult finding them all. Well, now, we have them at my Meme's house. As much as my cousin and I bring, there aren't a whole lot of hiding places...so we usually wind up just tossing candy all of the yard towards the end of our "hiding time"...espcially for Miss Mia! It helped her get more in that basket!



Sidenote: Lovin' those sock tan lines, baby!! Haha!
Coach's legs!
I got so tickled when I saw that Mia had picked up two of my Meme's dog's tennis balls and put them in her basket!

My mom, carrying on the tradition of hiding candy in her shoe laces! That's been going on for as long as I can remember!


Mia, checking out cousin Emma's loot!

The other pomeranian in the family, Miss Lexi! This is my Meme's dog, and part of our inspiration for getting Cleo. They are both such sweet natured little babies. My family is just so crazy about them! Lexi has helped my Meme through a lot of lonliness, since we lost my Papa. She is a VERY special dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment