Friday, April 29, 2011

Bailey Turns 16!

My step-daughter, Bailey turned 16 on April 18th! So hard to believe! She was 11 when I met her...still such a little girl....and now, only 2 years until graduation. She is thriving at Anna ISD, where her father is teaching! Making almost straight A's, starting to get invites for colleges and Honor Societies, and an amazing athlete in soccer, cross country and track! I feel bad, that I never have pictures of her to post, but honestly, we hardly see her! She is such a busy bee these days, now that she has friends that DRIVE! Bailey is also a wonderful driver, from what Kelley says! I haven't actually ridden with her yet! haha! We are so fortunate, as well, for the amazing things that my in-laws did when Bailey was a baby, so that the cost of college will not be a stress for us! I thank them tremendously for that! They have also started a fund for Mia....I just still can't believe it! They are giving such incredible gifts to these girls!!!!!! (And for Kelley and I!)



Here are some pics of the decorating that I did on her birthday!



This is a huge poster that Mia and her classmates colored for Bailey!








Mia, running through the streamers hanging in the doorway!



Bailey, walking in from school...Mia greeting her!




She looks SO grown up now!








A glass that I had my friend, Annitra, paint for her.






A little off subject, but during our family festivities, we heard the frustrated sounds of Mia, trying to get her grocery cart through the doggy door! Oh, Mia! ;)




Bailey is into a Japanese phase! Haha! She and her friends have been teaching themselves how to speak it. Bailey had been to an art museum and saw this Binto box (which at the time I did not know what that meant), and loved it. I found it online and got it for her. She can take rice and veggies to school in it, and it has seperate compartments.





Eating her requested red velvet cake!




Happy 16th, Bailey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment