Thursday, July 2, 2009

On July 1st , we took Mia in for her 6 month shots. She turned 6 months on the 12th, but due to some scheduling conflicts, our appt was just a little late. She was SUCH a good girl! I always dred these days for her. I always stay at her face and talk to her while they give her her shots, and I DON'T look! She always starts crying before they even give the shots to her, because she doesn't like being held down, but I can ALWAYS tell the exact second the needle goes in. Her little cry gets so deep and it's so different from any of her other cries. Oh, it just breaks my heart. But this time, she cried a little less than the time before. As soon as the shots were over, and I scooped her up in my arms, she just layed her head on my shoulder, and wimpered, but calmed down very quickly. We were at Dr. Kalil's office a VERY long time. After they took her measurements and things, we were in the room waiting on him, when he had to rush to the hospital to check a premature baby. He stuck his head in the door and told us he'd be right back. We thought he had to see another child in another room or something, when suddenly we saw him pulling out of the parking lot through our room's window. It was sort of funny because Kelley and I looked at each other like, uuuhhhhh, he left. What do we do now? Anyways, we decided to stay and wait, rather than schedule another appointment. We were there, and she was undressed and on the table, so we just played with her and kept her occupied until he came back, like 30 minutes later. I meant to get a picture of her with Dr. Kalil. We had one taken with him when she was newborn, but I wanted a newer one. Oh well, we'll get one next time. Here are some pics and stats from her visit.


Arriving at the Dr's office...

Here is Mia, stripped to her diaper, waiting to go get her measurements.

Here she is being weighed. She weighed 16.3 pounds!






Here is nurse JoAnn checking out Mia's heart. It sounded perfect!




These pictures were taken during our LOOOOONNNGGG wait for Dr. Kalil!



Mia looked great! Dr. Kalil said she was "long and lean"! Haha!

Mia's 6 months (and 18 days) stats:


Weight: 16.3 pounds (50%)

Height: 26 3/4 in. (75%)

Head circumference: 43 cm (55%)


After our appointment, we went on home to get Mia down for Tylenol and a nap. She had a really long nap! Here are her post-shot nap pictures:



Poor little chubby thighs....



After I changed her after her nap, I sat her in her crib to I could do something in her room. It dawned on me that I never put her in her crib to play. Maybe if I let her sit and play in her bed sometimes, she would play more when she wakes up, instead of instantly wanting out.



Here she is studying her stuffed animal selection...











I think I want this bear...




Or maybe I want that bear....


















Or maybe I want this bunny....


No comments:

Post a Comment