Well, it's the post I have been WAITING to write! I don't want to brag too much, but we have had a great night! Let me tell you about it!
First of all, yesterday I bought Mia some new bottles (Dr.Brown's). These bottles are designed for colicky babies. For the first time every, Mia took 4 ounces at one time, with no fussing! Usually, she stops and fusses throughout the bottle, and never usualy takes the whole 4 ounces. I am still nursing, but because I am not producing enough milk, we give her formula as well. She took 4 whole ounces last night with no fussing, and first thing this morning she took another 4 with no fussing! (I nurse her in the middle of the night). Her belly must feel really happy! We have been using the Playtex Drop In bottles, which say they reduce air, and that you don't have to push any air out of the bags, but I am thinking those may not work for her right now. This is the best she has taken a bottle so far!
Secondly, against what most doctors say, we finally introduced rice cereal to her last night! My sweet friend Jennifer, who had a baby in May, has talked me through all of it. She introduced her baby to cereal at 6 weeks, and he has done great ever since! She even said that because of that, he did better in his transition to solids. So, with all of Mia's tummy issues, we thought we'd give it a try. Now, I'm not going to brag too much, but it was a great night! We fed her (sort of late) at 11:00. She did NOT like it! I am hoping it's just because it was foreign to her. We even used a spoon and everything. It was messy, but she ate every bit of it! She cried most of the time, but we gave her a bottle in between spoonfuls to wash it down with. Last night (her 2nd night in her big girl crib!!!) she went down at 11:30 and slept until 4:45. She woke up hungry. I went to the nursery, fed her and rocked her, and put her back in the crib. She stayed in her crib until almost 7!!!!! Now, I should mention that I slept on the floor next to the crib from 4:45 on. Every time she would start to wake, I would get up and rub her head and once her eyes closed, I just disappeared back on the floor so whe wouldn't see me. She may have also slept better because now, in the nursery, she has sweet lullaby music playing all night. I set in on repeat, because she seems to sleep better with it on. Plus, I think her full belly with that ceral and the full bottle helped tremendously!!!
Here are some pictures of our adventures...
Before...

Getting ready...wondering what dad is making in the kitchen....

First bite.....not quite sure....

Not liking this new stuff very much!!!!


Here is a video of her first encounter with cereal....
She did calm down and eventually eat all of it.
Here is Mia the first time in her crib looking VERY peaceful and happy!


Thank you, Nana and Pepaw, for the glowing musical fishy thing for my crib! It puts me to sleep everytime momma turns it on! I love to listen to the music and the bubbles and watch the fish swimming by. They have the cutest faces!!!

These were taken this morning after her first good nights sleep in her big girl bed. She woke up NOT crying and wide-eyed. Ready to start the day...I think she has figued out how to pop her paci back in...
Evidence of mommy sleeping on the floor her first night. I made good use of the Boppy pillow and a quilt that our dear friend Suzanne had made for Mia. Suzanne, I promise I am using this quilt as a "pretty" for her nursery. At this point and time desperate times called for desperate measures and I was getting pretty chilly on the floor! Haha!
I do not tend to make a habit of crashing on the floor. I just wanted to help her to keep going back to sleep, without her knowing I was staying in the room. If she had known, she would have just cried for me to pick her up.
Here's hoping for more good nights like these, but I'm not going to expect them. But I just had to share our good night with you all!!!

Hooray!!! I was about to email you to ask how things were going, but now I don't have to. That is so wonderful that she had a great night! I hope there are LOADS more to come! Isn't it wonderful when you figure out tricks that work?
ReplyDelete