About once every couple of weeks, I get a craving for a good ol' lunch at Sonic. (It helps that my mom had given me a Sonic gift card back on Valentine's Day, so I've been having FREE lunches at Sonic). I know, I know...it's not healthy, but we can all afford to splurge a few times a month, right?
Well, the last time I got the urge, Mia and I had been out running errands all morning. When I pulled in, I thought, I'll just get her something as well. Once our food was delivered, I crawled in the back with Mia, got our food situated, kicked my feet up on the console, and had a "backseat picnic" with my little girl, watching The Care Bears movie on the DVD player. I have to say, as silly as it may sound, it was my favorite 30 minutes spent that entire month! Words will never express how blessed I feel, that my husband agreed to have me stay home with her, during these years. Now, don't get me wrong, once Mia and if any another baby comes along, are in school, I WILL be going back to teaching. I do miss it. However, right now, I wouldn't trade all the money in the world, for these little moments I get to have with Mia, that I will always treasure. It's our time. Just Mia and Mommy. It makes my heart so full. I definately can't say that it's been easy, not working full time, but somehow, with the few little odd jobs I have picked up, we have made it just fine, and I will forever thank God for making all of this possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment