Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter 2010

Well, as I mentioned before, I am extremely behind on my blog. Today, I am babysitting for a friend. Her daughter, Makenzie, is just a few months older than Mia. Somehow, I managed to get them both down for a nap at the same time, so I am taking a much needed rest.  On a sidenote, it's been really nice, watching Mia so kindly share her own toys, without any fussing.

Here is our first attempt at coloring eggs. Last year, Mia was only 4 months old, so we didn't really get to it. But this year, we just had to. Each Easter, we have a Easter Egg Hunt in my Meme and Papa's back yard. It was very bittersweet, that this was Mia's first year to hunt in eggs in their backyard with the rest of the cousins, and Papa wasn't there to watch her. But I know he was watching her, and grinning ear to ear!

I will post pics of the hunt later.

I wanted the egg coloring to be a big family event, and had really built it up, and in real life, it didn't happen the way I had planned.  It came down to the night they had to get done, and Kelley and Bailey were gone at a soccer game. So, I waited until the Saturday morning before, so they would MAYBE have time to dry by the hunt. Bailey wound up spending the night with a friend, so...it really sort of wound up ME coloring eggs, while Mia watched and tried to participate.



This next picture, Mia was trying to figure out what I was telling her to do with the white crayon...


...so she decided to eat it instead :)



The Baskets



Every year, I attempt to get a picture of Cleo with the bunny ears on...never works...


Mia, digging into her basket. And well, you know, the teenager of the house took all morning to get ready, so she sort of just glanced at hers, until later that night, once my batteries were dead...I forget, these things aren't that big of a deal to a 15 year old! Haha! But I was very excited about the baskets with matching bunnies I ordered them, with their names embroidered on them!


Mia, checking out her new Noah's Ark book. I love that she loves books so much!


Daddy, reading to Mia...


Silly, bathtime face!

Copying Daddy, and reading her book next to him while he reads...


Well, as most families with young children go, we didn't have that wonderful time before church, to take all of the photos of the family outside. When we got home from our church service, we had to leave in 15 minutes to head to Carrollton, to my Meme's. So we did a super fast photo shoot, that didn't really go very well. Mia would NOT stand still. So these were the best that we could do!


So, the photo shoot ended right here, when Mia wondered into the garage, with all of the dirt, in her pretty dress!



We hope everyone had a Blessed Easter!

Love, The Pitzer Family

No comments:

Post a Comment