One of life's small pleasures....getting to watch your baby sleep peacefully. I had to sneak into Mia's room to get something, and I just couldn't resist grabbing my camera, and taking my chances on waking her up. It's amazing to think, that many months ago, just breathing outside her room would have woken her up. I am so thankful for the fact that we made it through all of those sleepless nights, and were able to teach our sweet girl how to sleep through the night. I can remember nights, in tears, where I thought she would never sleep through the night, and now, there are actually nights where I would love for her to wake up, just so I can hold her in the middle of the night and stare at her like I used to. I wouldn't trade all of those sleepless nights for all the riches in the world.
Today Mia turns 14 months, and it has been such an amazing year and 2 months! She has grown to be such a sweet and fun little girl. She eats like a big girl, finally drinks from her sippy cup, walks everywhere and makes us laugh everyday! She makes me feel so lucky to have been chosen to be her mommy. She tries to talk on the phone now, says words (or close to words) like juice, dog, baby, momma, dada, Bailey, and bye bye.
There is so much more I would like to write about, but as we speak, she is talking to me through the monitor, letting me know she is ready to get out of her crib from her nap. We just had an amazing snow, that I will post pics of soon. This morning, she went outside with me to touch it. I loved watching the amazement in her beautiful blue eyes!
(Oh, also, the date on this picture is wrong. I had changed the batteries in my camera, and had not reset the date. Obviously, she wasn't here in 2007!)
No comments:
Post a Comment