She was born at 8:15 a.m.
She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces
On the morning of our delivery, Kelley and I woke up at 4 a.m. I was so nervous. That morning feels like a fog to me now. We woke up and got ready. I was very quiet. It was so weird getting ready like any other normal day, except knowing that I was leaving to go have my baby. Once we got in the car, the tears began. It was all so surreal, but scary. I was so excited to meet her, but so nervous about the surgery. Kelley held my hand the whole way to the hospital, and just let me cry and not talk. He knows me so well. He was such a supportive husband during this time. He remained so calm, even though I'm sure he was nervous as well, but did his best to keep me calm.
Once we got to the hospital, things began to move in fast motion. They began hooking me up to a million things it felt like, and that was making me more and more nervous. The funny thing was, was that once they got me hooked up, the nurse asked me if I was ok. I said that I was, and she looked a little perplexed. She asked me if I was in any pain, and I was thinking....not YET. She tole me that I was actually in labor and having contractions! I wasn't even feeling them. As time went on, I began to feel them, but it wasn't too bad. We went ahead with the c-section, but I think it's funny that the day she was scheduled to be delivered by c-section, she was going to be coming anyways. The 12th was definately meant to be her birthday.
The baby's heartbeat dropped, and they had to put me on oxygen. That was very difficult, because I had an oxygen mask on WHILE they were asking me a million questions. Finally after being in that room with all that going on since 5:30,I looked up and it was 7:15. I felt suddenly ready. I felt more calm at that moment than I had all morning. I knew it was all about to happen, and I was going to see her sweet face for the first time.
The c-section was uncomfortable, but not too bad. The worst part was right when they pulled her out, and they had to put so much pressure down on me to get her out. It was the weirdest feeling as they pulled her out. Just like my mother had told me, it was like my body lifted off of the table. Once I heard that first cry, the rest of the surgery I paid no attention to. Kelley went over to the side with them while they cleaned her up a little and did all the things they needed to do. It was so hard waiting for them to bring her to me. All I could see was my husbands teary eyes while he took pictures of her, and I could see one of her sweet little legs sticking up in the air, but that was all I could see. Finally, Kelley could see how anxious I was, so while they finished up with her, he brought the camera over to show me a picture of her. I was speechless. Then that final moment came when Kelley brought her over to me. I couldn't hold her yet, but he put her up to my face and I was able to kiss her for the first time. It was so amazing. I would do it all over again today. Here are some pictures of her delivery.
We are so perplexed over Mia's hair. It was so curly when she came out. We were certain she was going to have my hair. Later that morning, when the nursery took her to bathe her and clean her up, she came back with straight hair. Not that we are home, when we bathe her, her hair gets curly, but once we let it dry and comb it, it gets straigt. It definately has some texture to it, so I guess we'll see what her hair is going to do once it starts to grow.
Precious pictures! Congratulations Melissa!
ReplyDeleteAsh