Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One year anniversary!

October, 4 2008 -Mandalay Bay Hotel
One year ago, in Jamaica!!!!!


This post is a little old, I just kept forgetting to do it. On October 6th we had our 1st anniversary! (Some people love to do the math when they hear that....we were married 6 months before we got pregnant...haha). Anyways, we wound up celebrating the weekend before. We had such a nice weekend together. Kelley gave me a beautiful diamond solitare necklace that I will treasure forever! What did I give him....get this....(real romantic)....and gel-like chef's mat for the kitchen that he has always wanted, but would never spend the money on. If I had only known the romantic gift that Iwas getting, I may have tried to be more on the romantic side, but he loves the mat, as I do my necklace!





Kelley made us hotel reservations at the Mandalay Bay Omni in Los Colinas. We had tickets to the Stars game for the Sunday after that, so this hotel was closer than if we had stayed in Dallas. One of my students' parents gave us tickets to a game, GREAT seats, and Platinum parking. It was so much fun. Especially for Kelley, since he used to play hockey. Here are a few pics of our weekend....


Kelley was such a sweet husband. He made sure we had the "anniversary package". When we arrive they had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a rose on the bed, the whole nine yards. However, you can see my champagne alternative underneath this picture...

Can you spot MY champagne in this next picture??? Kelley didn't want to have any without me, so we brought it home to save for another special occasion down the road!







The texture of strawberries wasn't sounding good to me, but I took care of the chocolate!!



Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the pretty bed when we got there, so I sort of reinacted the scene the next morning. Not quite as pretty.

Kelley made us reservations at a really nice restaurant IN the hotel, because he knew that I wouldn't feel like venturing all over Dallas for dinner. He is so thoughtful. It was really nice to be able to get nice and full at dinner, than take the elevator up to the room to lie down! We got tickled that it was our 1 yr anniversary, and we were in bed snuggled up, watching tv at 9:00! Not what we would have expected a year ago, but in it's own way, it was romantic to me!
We were togther, we were alone, and we were watching tv in a GREAT room! What more do you need?? :)
We had a nice view out of our window....These pictures of my precious husband just crack me up! He NEVER knew I was taking these because he was so in tune with the game. I just get so tickled at how intense his face was during this game....Looks like he just couldn't stand the suspense here! We didn't take our cake with us to the hotel. We had our frozen wedding cake on Monday, our actual anniversary. It really didn't taste too bad after a year! We joked at how neither one of us actually got a piece of our cake at our wedding, other than our bite for the picture. So it was like tasting it for the first time. The edible pearls were so good!!
I feel so lucky to have a husband like Kelley, and I look forward to many years with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment