Saturday, July 30, 2011
Potty Time!
This post has not photos, it merely serves as a documentation of a big milestone in Mia's life. I decided that it was time to hit the potty training serisously! So, 3 days ago, I had Mia help Mommy throw all of her diapers in the trash! She really enjoyed that! (Now, I'm not entirely crazy, I did what the book I'm reading specifically said NOT to do, and I have that trashbag full of diapers hidden away. Not necessarily to use again, but it was quite a few diapers, so I decided to keep them for either use on a new baby, should one come along, or to give to a friend. No use wasting money, right?) Now, as far as Mia is concerened, there are NO MORE diapers in the house. We have nothing going on this week, so it's big-girl panties non-stop! She loves them! We have Disney Princess, Dora, Tinkerbell, Wonderpets, and even Spongebob. The first day was tough, and she did not potty in the potty one time, and I think I changed 13 or 14 wet panties. I kept my patience, and continued to praise my big girl. As of yesterday, July 29th...she went potty in the potty THREE times! She has stayed dry during all of her naps, as well. This morning, as of 8:50 a.m. she is still dry, and has used the potty. I am using a sticker chart, and M&M's. They seem to be helping...along with getting to call her grandmothers to share the news each time she goes. Now, I know that there will be many accidents in our future, but I'm excited to be getting off to such a good start! Go Mia!!!! We Love You!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment