Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day With Nana and Pepaw!

This past week, Mia and I went to spend the day at Nana and Pepaw's house. Going home is such a comfort to me. I could go and stay for days and days on end! When I'm home, I don't think about chores I need to do, errands I need to run, grocery lists....only relaxation!


Here are Mia and Nana talking to our horses! These babies have been around quite some time! We are missing one of our babies in this photo, as we lost Mistee many years ago. We got Mistee when she was around 12 years old, and we lost her in 2002. She was around 27 years old when we lost her.

Here, my mother is talking to Mistee's baby, Candee. She is not a baby anymore! She was born in 1988, when I was only 11 years old! She is now 23!!!









Here is our sweet Shorty! He is around 21 years old now :)




Sweet Candee's beautiful face!




Beautiful Candee.





This is Annie. Annie came along after I left home. Annie just showed up on their property, and no one ever came looking for her. So she is now a sister to Candee and Shorty :)






I think this picture is kind of funny...it looks like Shorty (the white one) is talking to Candee :)





Every year, barn swallows show up on our back porch and have beautiful babies. Our whole lives, somehow my mother miraculously would have a date written on our calendar when to expect them to show up...and they almost always arrived right around that very day, or week! Mia had a nice time getting to see the tiny babies. We were not this close...this was zoomed as far as I could zoom.



So Beautiful...




Pool Time!





I was a little worried, because Mia LOVES the Splash Park, and is used to playing there, in the toddler section, where she can touch. My mom and dad's pool is an above ground, that does not have a shallow end. The only thing I could think of, was to bring the floatie that I had bought for her last summer, when she was so much smaller. I really didn't think it was going to work, but it worked out perfectly! It was nice to not have to carry her around the whole time, and she enjoyed getting to just sit in the water, all on her own :)





















Nana helping Mia get Pepaw!!!!






My sweet Daddy...







Having fun getting Pepaw with the water bottle!










This picture is for my Daddy! This is his 70 YEAR OLD sprinkler that he used to play in when he was a kid! Still Working!!!!! My sister and I played in it when we were kids, as well!





Bonding time for Pepaw and Mia!





Pepaw walking Mia around, and around the pool!





Having fun spinning in the water with Pepaw!





Pepaw spinning with Miss Mia!







Untitled from Melissa pitzer on Vimeo.



Mia and Nana squirting Pepaw!







Untitled from Melissa pitzer on Vimeo.




This next video earns me the "mean momma" award! Pepaw was squirting Mia and making her laugh! Mia gets a little too excited and loses her step and lands on her
bo-bo. Caught up in all of the fun, all you can hear is me CACKLING in the background when she lands!







Untitled from Melissa pitzer on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment