Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hottest Summer....EVER!!!

Just a quick photo that I caught yesterday on our shaded, enclosed deck that had the ceiling fans running. Poor little squirrel....it has been in the triple digits for a record number of days in Texas. Yesterday my car read 104...without the heat index. I can't remember it ever being, or feeling, this hot for this long. Staying indoors is just about all we can handle, other than Nana and Pepaw's pool, or the Splash Park. At first, I thought this squirrel's foot was stuck, even though those cracks in the wood I knew were wide enough. Turns out, he was just totally relaxing, trying to catch a break from the hot, hot sun! I feel so sorry for all of the animals out there! I wish I could give them all a cool and shady place to stay with lots of water!



No comments:

Post a Comment