Friday, September 4, 2009

Catching Up!


Well, I have a LOT of catching up to do on here! Due to technical difficulties, I haven't been able to blog in a month! So, instead of doing a lot of different posts, I'm just going to do one looooong one, so I apologize for the length of this one!

These are just a few of Mia during lunch time, being silly, and eating her puffs along with her food. She LOVES her puffs! Right now she has been enjoying banana, sweet potato, and apple strawberry. The minute she sees me pull out one of those containers, her little legs start kicking everywhere with excitement! She hasn't quite gotten her little fingers working correctly yet on getting them in her mouth on her own, but we're working on it!


"Ok, so how do I get this thing IN my mouth???"


I LOVE this picture of my sweet happy Mia and her "baby blues"



Playing with her FAVORITE book!



I had quite a scare with my Cleo the other day. I noticed that she had something in her mouth, like paper or cardboard. When I got closer, I realized that it was the EMPTY box that once held my Junior Mints that I just HAD to pick up at the gas station the day before. (and never got around  to eating them).  Then, it dawned on me, she ate ALL of them! All of the scary stories I have heard in my life about how dangerous chocolate is for dogs came rushing through my mind. I called the vet immediately. They gave me some sad news. They said that with her size (10 lbs) and the fact that it was dark chocolate (which apparently is more fatal than milk chocolate) I was going to have to induce vomiting. : (  I had to give her a tablespoon of peroxide. So, I put it in a syringe from Mia's tylenol, and took her outside. I felt so bad while I was putting it down her throat, knowing that I was purposely making her vomit. Well, within minutes, Cleo started getting sick, and it lasted about half an hour. She got sick many, many, many times. It just broke my heart, BUT.....it got all of that chocolate out of her tummy, and possibly saved her life! Such a hard thing to go through with her, but I'm glad I know what to do now if she ever did it again. Within hours, she was her old self again. Whew! Thank you Canyon Creek Pet Hospital! I love them! 


Kelley and Bailey's First day of school in Anna!


Kimberly's Baby Shower for William King Brem!
Here are the girls and I on the couch. YUCK! You can see who didn't see much of the summer sun this year!
L to R:  Beth, Lindsey, Jamie, myself



Here is the watermelon fruit basket that Kelley and I made the morning of the shower! 



Super Yummy Cake!!



We are not having much luck with the sippy cup, but here is Mia one morning, experimenting with it!


.....along with her beloved puffs!!





I love the sweet expression on her face in this one.


Mia has  two bottom teeth now!


Pictures of Mia in my favorite dress of hers!





Below are a few pics from Tiffany's Baby shower at the Zodiac at Neiman's Downtown





Below are just a few "sleepyhead" pics of Mia and her bunny on our bed





Ok, you know that I always have to post silly videos that would not be interesting to ANYONE but Mommy! I just like to put these things on here so I'll have them forever.

One morning, during Mia's nap, I heard her waking up, and "talking" in her crib. It was such a sweet sound to me, and I didn't want to ever forget what it sounded like, so I actually video taped the monitor! I know, rediculous, but I just had to. Her little voice is just so precious to me!

The video underneath that is of Mia trying to figure out this crawling thing!


2 comments:

  1. She is such a mini Melissa! What a cutie!

    As for the sippy cup, we had to try a few different kinds before we found one she liked. Same with bottles. ha! I don't know why, but I thought I just got to pick one and she'd use it...no such luck. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley LOVES that same red sippy cup. She doesn't like to drink from the rest of them. And her favorite place to drink is in her car seat (I guess because she is reclined). She'll down the whole 5 ounces in a 15 minute trip! We, too, love our puffs. How fun that they are in the same place!

    ReplyDelete