Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Solid Food Experiments

Well, we are venturing into the solid food world. We have tried it a few times here and there, but she just was not ready. We are determined at this point to try it every night until she gets the hang of it, and we find something she really likes. These pics were of night one. NOT a good experience. She screamed and cried through the entire feeding. As of right now she does NOT like squash! Haha!Here we are "washing it down"Ok, so this "sort of" goes with this post. This was after her bath on night one, covered in squash. Some people just don't ever get to see the crazy curls we have been talking about. Well, here they are, fresh out of the bath! This is a blackmail picture for her teenage years!Big girl holding her brush after I "tamed the curls"Ok, this picture seems a little out of place, but it got thrown in here, and instead of finding a new post to put it in, I thought I'd find a way to include it. This is how good of a girl she is in the middle of the night when she wakes up and I have to make a bottle. A little Baby Einstein or Classical Baby and her Bumbo. She's not ALWAYS this patient, but I thought this picture looked sweet.

Night #2 went much better. She liked her sweet potatoes!



It took a few spoonfuls, but she finally started to "chew" and swallow. And a few times, she actually opened her mouth. She was a little distracted because Kelley was cooking dinner behind me, and she wanted to watch what was going on. Lesson learned tonight....tomorrow night she goes in the high chair facing Momma and the wall!!

And sorry, this looks more like a photo shoot here! But I didn't want to miss a thing!





I noticed that she ate a lot better when I let her hold my finger. Whatever works, right?













Night, night little Mia. I hope your belly feels nice and full tonight. Sweet dreams my little "sweet potato" :)

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if she ends up liking Peas. Kaden refuses to eat Peas and I have 5 containers. They're Stage 2, but they're yours if she likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last pic makes it all worth while...Jacob use to hold my finger too! Funny little kids.

    ReplyDelete