I just wanted to share a few prayer requests to my Prayer Warriors out there!
First of all, I want to ask for prayers for the Freeman family. I know that most of you have probably already read my last post, and visited Kayleigh's site. If not, please take a look
http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/
Now that sweet Kayleigh's Memorial has come and gone, I know that Adam and Aimee will be dealing with so many different emotions. As they are packing for their move, I pray that they have time to rest, cry, reflect, grieve, and rejoice. I know that at times, undoubtedly, these emotions might hit them all at once. I know I have mentioned this before, but never have I ever hurt for anyone else like this. I suppose that when I gave birth to Mia, I also gained new emotions that allowed me to hurt like crazy for other mothers. I often wonder, what I would do without other mothers. Not only for reasons such as this, but because everything I have learned about motherhood did not come from my all my books, but from women/friends that were mothers before me. I suppose I hurt so badly for the Freeman's because I now understand the emotions that come with bringing a new life into the world. I look at Mia, and I do not think to myself (thank goodness this isn't happening to me). Of course, I am joyed that Mia is a healthy baby (just one that won't sleep...yawn), but I have always felt that in times like these, those types of comments are so unfair for the ones going through the pain. Instead, I look at Mia, and when I think of Adam and Aimee, and sweet Kayleigh, my throat starts to swell. I would have loved to have met them in person. I would love to have held Kayleigh, and for Mia to meet her. I will share Kayleigh's story with Mia when she is old enough. Like one of The Freeman's blog-friends stated, our children need to know the story of this one particular angel. I hope, like a close friend told me, that each time I tear up or think about them and feel those feelings of hurt for them, that it takes just a little bit of hurt off of them. That would be nice, wouldn't it? I will continue to read Kayleigh's blog each and every day. I want to know how they are doing, how they are coping, their prayer needs, etc. I will continue to share those things with you along the way. (If I haven't already got you hooked on her story :)
I also want to write about someone else. Her name is Brandy Chesser (Goleman). I went to school with Brandy. I guess you could say, sort of grew up with her. Brandy and I were not in the same "running crowd" in High School. It's times like these (I'm about to share) that I wish I could go back and make friendships that I didn't make when I had the chance in my past. Brandy was such a sweet girl. I remember she had the sweetest smile when people spoke to her. Here is her story,
Last Sunday, Brandy and her two daughters (Ages 3 and 1 1/2) were trapped in an apartment fire, and did not survive. Sigh. These kinds of stories are so hard to understand. Today, the funeral service was held for Brandy and her sweet little girls. I cannot even begin to imagine what Brandy's family is going through. Please, please remember them in your prayers. Here is the story
http://www.ntxe-news.com/artman/publish/article_54389.shtml
So tragic, and so unfair.
I was thinking....God must be really busy right now! After losing my Papa in March, baby Kayleigh on March 11th, and now Brandy and her babies, I can only imagine the beauty and happiness in Heaven right now. I like to think about my Papa. He sang the most beautiful Gospel music you have ever heard. I'll bet, he is singing to Brandy, her girls, and Kayleigh right now! I'll also bet, that those babies, are so comforted by the sweet sound of my Papa's voice. I can hear him now...
Melissa, I did visit Kayliegh's family blog and left comment, I didn't follow their story directly, but knew about Kayliegh through several websites. My prayers are with her family.
ReplyDeleteYour mom sent me the e-news article on Brandy, and when I saw the pic of the family praying, I couldn't stop the tears from falling thinking of the grief they are going through.
I love your 'trust' of your grandfather singing to the babies, that's beautiful... I can see it!
Joann