From the day I decided to start a Blog, (when we found out we were pregnant), I just thought it was going to be a neat way to share pictures and stories to family and friends. It has become so much more than that to me now. I never dreamed it would become something that would lead me to new friendships and to very special stories from other peoples lives that would touch me in ways I never imagined.
Let me explain...
Through several friends' blogs, I came across Stellan's blog (there are several links on my blog to his). He was a very sick little boy, who needed a lot of prayers. Through Stellan's blog, I came across Kayleigh's. Both of these families have become an important part of my life in so many ways. Praise God, little Stellan is doing great. You'll have to read his story.
Kayleigh Anne Freeman was also a very sick, and very brave little girl. I will not write much about it. I could not do her story justice. Please take the time to read her story
http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/
Kayleigh Anne went to be with Jesus on May 11th. I have never cried and hurt so badly for a family that I have never met in person. I have followed Kayleigh Anne's blog for quite some time. I have followed it so long that I truly feel that I've known them for years. I have also never felt love like this towards people I have never met.
Her story, photos, and the beautiful things that Adam and Aimee have written about her will pull you in, and not let you go.
On Sunday, May 17th, Adam and Aimee asked all of those who cared for baby Kayleigh to release a pink balloon at 4:00 with a card attached reading:
Kayleigh Anne Freeman
Our One Pound Miracle from God
(6/23/08-5-11-09)
Then her blog address. Kayleigh's parents want to share her story with the world. So, I went and picked out the perfect pink balloon, wrote my card, and had Kelley take a picture of me releasing the balloon. The Freeman's are collecting all the pictures, and eventually will post the pictures and do a balloon count. I can't wait to find out how many people took the time to do something special for sweet Kayleigh.
I hope you all can take some time to visit Kayleigh's blog and read about her precious and short life. This family is so strong in their faith in God, it is truly beautiful and eye-glazing to read their posts.
Blogging has become something more than I could ever have imagined. I, like you, started it to mainly keep track of Kaden and to share with family, and I have also become so close to these families that you wrote about. Isn't it amazing?
ReplyDeleteYou have to keep your blog up to date so I can follow along after I move! :)