Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby Gift-Pregnancy Photo Shoot



Ok, here's the story, because I KNOW some of you are thinking...WHAT?! Melissa let someone take her picture? I know, it was out of my box, but this really was so fun. A parent of one of my students gave me a pregnancy photo shoot as a baby gift. So sweet and thoughtful! I was very timid, but was comforted that it was done in my very own home. One thing that I said that I would NOT do was let someone take a picture of my bare belly. It seems very awkward. However, the girl was so nice and fun to be around, and I had the rest family gone from the house, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. So warning....there's bare, not-so-pretty pregnant belly on here, but something happened during that photo that was just too cool not to share. But don't scroll down yet. I'll explain when you get to it.

This is just one of me in our backyard. What's so awful, yet memorable, about this picture, was that as we were taking this, I did not realize that Cleo was in behind me rolling on a dead MOUSE! Nice, huh? I was so embarrassed. So after this shot, we had to take a little intermission while Vanessa, the photographer, helped me lure Cleo back to the house without the mouse.

The more I think of it, it really is pretty special to have pictures taken with Mia still in the womb to show her years later.

Her name on the wall behind her crib. Why is it that when I take these kinds of pictures, they don't look that nice, but with a professional's touch, it makes it so much better?




I've posted this before, but this is the canvas that my friend, Ashley, painted for Mia for her nursery. It's so precious to me. More than Ashley will ever know.




Ok, for those of you who know me well, you will understand the importance of this picture. Here is my first baby, Harvey. Harvey is my rabbit that I have had since college. He is getting so, so old. The average life span of a rabbit is 6-10 years and Harvey is coming upon nine. It makes me sad to think of him getting so old, which makes this picture all the more special to me.











Ok, not fond of my belly, so I won't talk much about this one. What I love most about it, though, is that I have on my sweet husband's shirt here.








Front porch shots.








And of course, Cleo had to get in on the action.




I just think it's too funny how Cleo has a place to "stand" these days! We were just playing here.






Vanessa took this picture while I was changing. People just can't seem to resist her little face. Cleo LOVES getting in pictures.






Ok, here's the cool one. We were outside, taking the pictures that I was so not comfortable taking, when Vanessa says after a shot, ,"Woa, this is too cool." I asked her what, and as she started to pull the picture back up for me she said, "It's like God' promise for Mia." No more words needed, check out what happened with the lighting in this picture...


A rainbow right over Mia......


I really regret that Kelley and Bailey were not there to take some family shots, but I would have never done some of these with an audience. I think, most importanty, we'll take those family shots once the baby gets here.


A big thank you to Marisha and Vanessa. I will cherish these always.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool..God is so wonderful and creative in the ways He reminds us of His love. I don't know why you are weird about your belly...it's precious. Be thankful you have a cute pregnant belly. :) I'm glad you got to do that!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is truly amazing! That's a definite blow up and framer. And let's talk about that cute belly! There is nothing ugly about it! What a great present from your student's parent!

    ReplyDelete