Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Rockin' Afternoon

One thing that my mother and I really enjoy, and try to do at least once or twice a month, is to meet for lunch at Cracker Barrell during the week, have a nice "breakfast", and then go to Sam's and walk around. I know, I know...sounds pretty boring, but for some reason, it has become something that we've grown to really enjoy and look forward to.

Before you say anthing, no...we did not spend $75 on a child's rocking chair at Cracker Barrell, but the last time we met, it was such a nice day, that mom and I wanted to sit outside for a bit and let our food settle, and let Mia play. These are just some pictures of Mia playing in the rocking chair that was just her size!
I do see a rocking chair, similar to this, in our future, on the front porch to match our two adult white rockers we have out there. But I imagine we can find one cheaper than almost $80!

Also, I crack up when I see the teddy bear she is holding. The other day, I went up to TCS, the school that I used to teach at, to see some of my friends. Several of my friends were in the office, trying to coax Mia into coming to see them. (Which as most of you know, is a terribly difficult task), and this teddy bear was given to Mia as a "bribe" by my friend Connie, while she and my friend Becky were competing to see who would get her to come to them. The teddy bear just happened to be sitting up in the office, and Mia has hardly let go of it since! :) I sure miss seeing my teacher buddies at TCS! The great office staff, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment