Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Firsts


I am having SO much fun with Mia's First Halloween! I know that she will not remember anything about this Halloween, so I suppose it's all mostly to create memories for Mommy!

Growing up, EVERYTHING was a reason for my mother to give my sister and I a little gift....even Halloween! We would get a our buckets filled with candy, and some little gift like a book or cd or stuffed animal. So, How can I not continue that tradition? :)

Here are Mia and Bailey's Halloween buckets. Yes, Bailey is showing that she is officially too old for Halloween, but it's not going to stop me! :)
 
I loaded Bailey's up with a ton of candy, a Twilight New Moon Candy Bar, and some cute socks! Since Mia can't eat candy, I substituted her gift for the DVD of my all time favorite, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"  As I am writing this, Mia and I are watching it, and it makes me feel so nostalgic, and sort of makes me want to be a little girl again, at home with my parents! :)  So many years and memories of my sister, myself and my parents snuggling up to Charlie Brown before Halloween!

I was so excited to find this adorable Hello Kitty basket for Mia at Target!


The following pictures are of our pumpkin carving night. Once again, Kelley talked me into doing one of those really confusing, time consuming and FRUSTRATING detailed carving kits! NEVER again. I'll have to get pictures of his and post it next to the one of mine on here. You can see who has the patience for that type of thing. Well, while we were all working diligently on our pumpkins, Mia had some free roaming time!





The curls just keep coming : )




These next few are of me showing Mia the inside of her pumpkin, and letting her feel of the seeds...



Bedtime...the classic eye rub....


Bailey, carving away...


Kelley, carving Mia's name in her pumpkin...


Mia, passing the time with a box of ziploc baggies...Yes, I was watching her closely so she didn't put one in her mouth :)


Two Words:   MY CATASTROPHE


Here is Mia "opening" her card and movie. I was going to wait until Halloween, but she and I are home alone, and I was itching to watch Charlie Brown with her today, so I let her open it early..

As you can see, Cleo picked up on the fact that I put some Twix and Reeses down in the bottom of Mia's basket, for ME to eat!





Someday, sweet girl, you can eat one...



Looking at her card...

"Reading" her card  :)












One of the GREATEST cartoons of all time :)


Tomorrow, I will dress up my little Bumblebee....and head to the Municipal lawn to meet The Shelby's to walk around with Mia and Will and listen to live music while collecting candy from all of the booths from local businesses. I think my sister and Taylor may join us, too! 

Happy Halloween, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment