Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Extremely LONG Pumpkin Patch Post!

Ok, everyone. I must apologize in advance for this super lengthy post from our visit to the Pumpkin Patch. It was just too adorable, and there were so many photo opportunities, I just couldn't stop!

On the day of Mia's dedication at church, I wanted to end the day doing something special for her. So Kelley and I researched Pumpkin Patches in our area, and found a really neat on in Aubrey, Tx. By looking at the map, Kelley thought it would take us about an hour, which turned out to be more like almost an hour and a half, but it was so worth it. Plus, we haven't gone and done anything fun as a family in a while! I think even teenage Bailey actually enjoyed herself! :)

Sometimes I really goof up by blogs by typing some captions above, and some underneath. Due to how many pictures there are, and to not be confusing, I am going to TRY to stick to typing all of my captions underneath each photo.

Sooooo, grab some popcorn, a coke and a comfy blanket, sit back, relax, and enjoy my Pumpkin Patch Novel!!!


Just a picture of my silly goose that I dress up for the holidays to get us in the mood! 


Getting ready to leave! Cleo wanted to go with us! 


Once we arrived, sweet Daddy did the ol' "backseat diaper change"! 

Mia, sitting in the back of the car, watching us get her stroller and everything together! She was sporting her "Gouls Just Want to Have Fun" Onesie!


Ok, so it wasn't entirely COLD, but very windy. The words of my mother rang in my ear, "Melissa, put on your coat so the wind doesn't give you an ear ache!" So, I put Mia's new winter coat on her for the first time. As you can see, she did not know what to think of it! 

Sweet little goats at the entrance.



Mommy and Mia entering "Pumpkin Land"

Mia was a bit taken back with everything around her

This pumpkin patch had the cutest theme! All over the place were pumpkin-headed scarecrows! It was too cute!


Miss Muffet :)


Bailey and Mia as ghosts. Can you guess why we chose the ghost Mia was in??


Kelley and I :)

(I am totally CRACKING UP! I just published my post, and went back in to look it over for mistakes, and when I looked closer at this photo, I noticed Mia's little head out to the side of my ghost! I was holding her, and had to squat down with her on my hip, not realizing that her little head was peeping out! Hee hee!)


Kelley and Bailey


Mia and I went through this hay bail tunnel. I don't think she was impressed. Haha!



Poor little Mia. Not only was she a little stressed over her new coat, but then I kept sitting her on the ground to take pictures. She just wasn't sure about all of this...


She sort of acted like she didn't think she could move with the coat on. :)




Realizing that there were flowers behind her that she could touch...







How Tall This Fall? She came up to the 2 foot mark, but had shoes on...


Here she is thinking, "Oh great, I've been upgraded from the ground, to a haybail!"


"Hmmmm....what is this???"







I LOVE this one, but her poor little belly is looking a little uncomfortable in her jeans here :(


We tried this again, without the coat. Didn't change her excitement about it ; )



She took more interest in the flowers, though...


Mia and Bailey..



Just a little kitty that was roaming around the main office. There were several of them. They were so sweet. Unfortunately, Kelley is allergic to cats, so we didn't play with them much. 




This is the front porch of their little office. It was so quaint...




Snoopy! The Gang was all here!!
I bought Mia "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" for Halloween. I can't wait to show it to her!


Bailey....in jail...won't say much more about this, in fear of jinxing us! ;)




Mia's First Hayride!


Just a little Mommy Kiss!

As you might can tell by this photo, Mia's lips were working! She was talking up a storm at all she was seeing, and we hadn't even taken off yet! Haha!








I love this picture of Daddy talking to Mia, and telling her about everything we saw. :)




Mia, protesting her coat!


Ahhhhh! Much better!




Mia....taking it all in...


...from the safety of Daddy's Lap



Getting brave, and standing :)


The sun was starting to get to her, here...


Studying her feet, instead of the hayride...


Daddy and Mia....at the end of the hayride...Yay! No crying! She really enjoyed it!



PUMPKIN PICKING TIME!


Mia, chillin' with the "punkins"



Now...which one do I want???


I want this one, Momma!



Kelley, truly "studying" the pumpkins, so we get the best ones for carving. :) I so love him!
Nothing but the best for his girls! :)


Bailey picked one with "pimples", she called them...


Mommy, Mia and Daddy


Kel and Bailey


Whew! You made it! You actually reached the end of my post! Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoyed the fun pics! Happy Halloween!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! Looks like you all had a great time... Mia, well... maybe next year she'll enjoy it a little more, I think she was just humoring mommy and daddy this year.. LOL!! But hey, what a good sport she was!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete