Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's a God Thing....

I have recently found an old friend from college that I haven't seen or spoken to in about 8 years. There was a time in college that I was dating this awful guy (you know...those great decisions you make in college :) ) , and Ashley could sense that things were causing my heart to be very heavy. I remember very specifically a day that she came to class, where we always sat together, and handed me a sheet of paper. It had all of her favorite Scriptures on it, with a sweet note on the back. I've always hung on to that sheet of paper...all these years. It hangs in my classroom as a reminder of the sweet people that God sends into your life at certain times to remind you that God is always there for you, and He is in charge, and to remember that everything will be ok. Now I am so blessed with a wonderful and caring husband! I'm glad God was in charge of my life! Well, after Ashley and I e-mailed for the first time in 8 years the other day, I went into my classroom the following day and took a picture of that weathered piece of paper that I hung on to all these years. Thanks for being such a sweet friend, Ashley! You have a beautiful family!

http://thekeylorfamily.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! It's so funny to see something I wrote so long ago. It's been so wonderful catching up with you.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! This is Melissa's Mom. So good that you and Melissa found one another again.
    I think of some very funny stories during those university years. We still love you like one of our own.

    Hi Melissa! I am on my way to watch your team videos. Sorry your events got rained out. What a fun spirit your sweet principal left for you all. I love you Sweetheart.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT IN THE WORLD?? Anonymous says?? LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK well, nowwww...After going to look at Ashley's blogspot link..I figured out this is NOT THE ASHLEY I THOUGHT IT WAS !!!!!
    I was sending a instant message to Melissa when she called me! Technology got to her before I did! She was laughing. This old Mom is just running to catch up! LOL!

    Ashley, I know I would have loved you like one of my own as well! LOL!! {snort}

    Melissa's "OLD AS DIRT" Mom! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa!! Tara told me about your blog and I saw your comment to me! I am so so so happy for you! Isn't God amazing?! Think of where we were 7 years ago and today... I can't wait to see baby Mia!
    It was so neat to see Ashley's handwriting on your wall! She is definitely an up-lifter!

    ReplyDelete