
Oh, we are so excited! Kelley and I wanted a girl so bad! We went in for our regular Dr. appt yesterday, thinking that we'd do the usual....weigh-in, blood pressure, questions, etc. (I've gained 2 pounds since my first appt. I know that I've gained more than that, however I lost some in the beginning due to being sick) We knew they were going to let us schedule our 4D ultrsound today! Dr. Sandmann (my Dr.) had said that he wouldn't do it until 22 weeks, and I am almost 20. Well, while in my appt. and discussing the scheduling, they said that we would need to wait until 24 weeks! I was so disappointed because I was so ready to find out the gender of our baby! I told them we were so anxious to find out. Helen, the nurse practitioner, said, "Well Melissa, you can find out today if you want on our regular machine! I thought that when Dr. Sandmann has said he wouldn't do it until 22-24 weeks, I thought he meant any sonogram. He just meant the special 4D one! So the lady that does our sonograms fit us in and we got to find out!!!!!
Mia would not cooperate, so Kris (the sonogram lady) had to really jiggle my stomach around a lot. Mia DID NOT like that! We found out yesterday that she does NOT like to be disturbed. Everytime Kris jiggled my stomach to get her to move, she would kick back at her! Also, Mia kept trying to stick her thumb in her mouth, but couldn't find it, so she kept hitting herself in the face! Poor Mia! A temper AND no coordination!!! Haha! We're hoping that changes before she arrives!
It's so neat to be able to call the baby a "she" and call her by her name! Of course, we went out and bought a few outfits just to make it feel official. I think I stared at them all night! They look so sweet! Seeing them hanging in a closet makes it all feel so much more real!
I know that I would have been happy either way, but I can't help but think that God knew I needed a little girl! God was so good to us! Even more than the gender, so far that we can see, God has given us a baby with 10 fingers, 10 toes, and a healthy heart. Thank you, Lord.
Bailey is very excited to have a little sister! Even more so, I think she's excited to be a BIG sister! 13 years is enough of no one to boss around, right? Haha! Bailey's going to be a great big sister. She also told us yesterday that while we ran an errand, she came into the family room, and Cleo was snuggled up with all of the new baby clothes.
I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment