Does this look like a happy dog, or what?
Going...
Gone!
Then the following morning we were off to Fayetteville, AR to visit my alma mater....University of Arkansas!!! We were only there one night, and it rained most of the time. We were able to go and visit with my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Chester who live in Fayetteville along with my cousins Debbie and Joe and their precious dogs! We had dinner at AQ Chicken (a Fayetteville classic), then headed back for our hotel. Being pregnant sort of takes the fun out of topping the night off at Dickson Street...so we skipped that on this trip! Haha!
With Kelley being a soccer coach, we drove by the U of A Soccer field and were able to catch the girls' team out practicing in the rain! That's devotion there!
I just love this sign....
Here's Cleo back in the hotel room. I just love how she does her head to the side everytime you talk to her. She also LOVES to get in my purses or bags! I'm not sure what she thinks she's going to find...but she always finds my make-up brushes and runs off with them! I've had to replace many in the last 5 months!
At last...we arrive in Eureka Springs!!!!!!
I just love this picture. It cracks me up. This was taken right when Kelley and I pulled up to the Basin Park Hotel located in downtown Eureka Springs. While Kelley went in to check us in, I rolled the window down so she could smell in her new location and see the people. I noticed in the reflection in the window behind her some sort of decoration, that makes this picture look like Cleo has her paws on one of those glass balls in science class that makes your hair stand up straight when you touch it!!!
The views from and around our hotel downtown...
This is a video of one of the beautiful horse drawn carriages that you see all over town. The horses were so gorgeous!
Our hotel was really interesting and historic. It was built in 1905. The rooms were very old, had creaky floors, antique looking furniture, and we were given an actual brass KEY to get in and our of our room. It was really nice to stay in a place so old, but we were also glad that it was only for a few days. Here are some shots of the inside of our room...
The old elevator....why I thought this was so picture worthy, I have no idea. These two pics are the ceiling and the floor. I wonder what year this hotel was built......hmmmmmmm. I'll let you know if I find out.....
When I was in College at U of A, I had a friend named Ashley Killion who got married at Thorncrown Chapel outside of Eureka Springs. It is absolutely gorgeous! This chapel holds two services every Sunday morning.
Christ of the Ozarks was AMAZING! As you can tell by all of the many different shots that I took, I was in complete AWE!
On the day that we were to be checked out of the Basin Park Hotel by 11 a.m., we were moving into our rented cabin for the rest of the week. However, we could not check into our cabin until 4:00p.m. We had a little problem, since we had Cleo with us. I had spotted a big sign for a drive through zoo called "The Promised Land" that was 20 or so miles away. After going to see Thorncrown Chapel, and Crist of the Ozarks, we had still had several hours left, so we headed out to the zoo. We really were glad we did.
To Be continued....
This little black bunny above reminds me of my baby Harvey when he was a baby. This is what happens to a sweet little bunny after it's lived with me for 8 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment