Friday, December 17, 2010

My baby, Harvey is in Peace

There is so much that I need to say about this special little rabbit, but my heart hurts so much today, that I am trying to do all I can to stay busy, and keep myself together. Harvey and I were united in Fayetteville, AR in April of 2001, after his birth in March. He could fit inside my hand. Harvey has been such a special buddy to me for almost 10 years. He survived the end of my college days, stuck with me through my "searching for the perfect man" phase, starting of my teaching career, getting married, and the birth of my first child. He has practically been with me for a third of my life, as I just turned 33 yesterday. Harvey has not been doing well, and died peacefully in his sleep on my birthday, yesterday, December 16, 2010. To some, my sadness over losing a rabbit may seem silly, but for those who knew what Harvey meant to me, they will understand my sorrow. Harvey is now buried amongst other special pets of our family, in our very peacefully spot we have for them under a shady treeline at my parent's house. My mother placed a spinny flower over his grave after my father buried him, and the wind had it spinning like crazy all afternoon. As I left last night, after dark, and was heading back home, I saw a shooting star. Thank you, my sweet Harvey. I love you, and miss you SO very, very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment