What Santa left for Mia! Poor Santa...he had to stick around pretty late, and apply all of the stickers on Mia's kitchen, that he didn't realize were not already on it. :)
Some of Mia's other goodies from Santa!
Tired Cleo, up late...helping Santa.
Ok, I just realized, that all of my pictures have Christmas Eve's date on them, not Christmas Day. I must have had the date set wrong...these pics ARE from Christmas morning :)
Of all mornings, I was the one up and ready at 5 a.m., and by 7:30, I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to go and WAKE everyone up...including Mia! It was totally weird that she even slept that late! However, everyone was nice and rested for our busy day, so that was nice!
Waking up Bailey....
Waking up Mia...


...and that the burners make noise....
...and that it has a PHONE that makes noise :)
....and that has a refrigerator :)
AND a microwave!
Mia discovering her new kitchen!
Giving Cleo her stocking...

Bailey, excited about the ENORMOUS pen Santa put in her stocking!

....and the slinky :)
Bailey, excited about the ENORMOUS pen Santa put in her stocking!
....and the slinky :)
Mia...testing out the barn, and all of the sounds it makes!

Cleo playing with her new frog!
Momma opening her stocking...with "Bride of Frankenstein" hair!

Daddy, checking out his stocking stuff!

Mia, checking out her chocolate!

Cleo, enjoying her stocking treats!!
In the midst of looking through our stockings, we noticed that Mia was missing....we found her standing on the back of the couch in the den, leaning through this window, to fill up a cup that came with her kitchen! I guess having a kitchen of her own made her feel like a big girl...but still wanted a faucet with real water :)


There we go....

Bailey, opening up a pair of soccer pants that she wanted, and holding them up the second I took the picture :)

Daddy, checking out his stocking stuff!
Mia, checking out her chocolate!
Cleo, enjoying her stocking treats!!
Cleo, trying to get her new bed situated the way she wanted it...
There we go....
Bailey, opening up a pair of soccer pants that she wanted, and holding them up the second I took the picture :)
Cleo, enjoying her new "Munchies" :)

OKAY, a very sentimental moment for me, here! Years ago, when my cousin, sister and I were little, Cabbage Patch dolls were EVERYTHING to us! We would pick out a very special one for each Christmas. I even have a photo album, with all of their "birth certificates" placed in it. I remember, every Christmas, my cousin, Leigh Ann and I could not put our new dolls down all day long. Well, I had bought Mia a new doll, online. I had NOT heard how utterly annoying this poor little doll was. On top of that, I bought her a few months before Christmas, and she was motion censored, and sat in our bedroom day in and day out...laughing, cooing, singing, talking...it drove Kelley and I BANANAS!!!! So, at the last minute, I decided that I just could NOT take this dolls voice any longer...especially once Mia had her hands on her..she would never be quiet! So, 2 days before Christmas, I drove to Toys R Us, to find another doll. Well, low and behold, there were two lonely Cabbage Patch dolls, sitting on a shelf. I had not even THOUGHT about buying her one. Well, needless to say, I made a very quick exchange, walked out to my car with the Cabbage Patch doll, took her out, and just stared at her with a grin. Silly, I know...but it really made my Christmas, to be able to pass on such a special doll to my daughter.
Daddy, helping Mia play with her new fridge phonics toy!
OKAY, a very sentimental moment for me, here! Years ago, when my cousin, sister and I were little, Cabbage Patch dolls were EVERYTHING to us! We would pick out a very special one for each Christmas. I even have a photo album, with all of their "birth certificates" placed in it. I remember, every Christmas, my cousin, Leigh Ann and I could not put our new dolls down all day long. Well, I had bought Mia a new doll, online. I had NOT heard how utterly annoying this poor little doll was. On top of that, I bought her a few months before Christmas, and she was motion censored, and sat in our bedroom day in and day out...laughing, cooing, singing, talking...it drove Kelley and I BANANAS!!!! So, at the last minute, I decided that I just could NOT take this dolls voice any longer...especially once Mia had her hands on her..she would never be quiet! So, 2 days before Christmas, I drove to Toys R Us, to find another doll. Well, low and behold, there were two lonely Cabbage Patch dolls, sitting on a shelf. I had not even THOUGHT about buying her one. Well, needless to say, I made a very quick exchange, walked out to my car with the Cabbage Patch doll, took her out, and just stared at her with a grin. Silly, I know...but it really made my Christmas, to be able to pass on such a special doll to my daughter.
So...with that background story, here is my favorite Mia moment...her opening that special doll!
Well, I know I posted a lot of pictures, but they aren't NEAR enough to cover what a great Christmas we had. Kelley and I decided to just keep it small for each other, so we could do it up big for the girls, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Bailey finally got her own digital camera, so the lack of pictures on this post, is due to her opening her "ready to start taking pictures" camera...and she sort of took over our photo taking. So later on, I'll probably steal some from her, but for now, I feel blessed looking back on these pictures, and at another happy Christmas morning I was able to spend with my family.
Happy Birthday, Jesus! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment