Monday, August 3, 2009

Mia's First Day in the Church Nursery!

Well, as some of you may know, Mia has trouble with "strangers" at this time in her life. If it's not Kelley or I holding her, she gets very upset. So, we have held her in our laps during church, which means several trips each Sunday morning out to the foyer as to not disturb anyone. We finally decided that we just needed to do it! She'll never get over this phase if we don't start doing something to help her. Here are some pictures of her Sunday morning before church. I meant to take some at the nursery, but my emotions caused me to forget. I was really nervous for her. Luckily, my friend, Becky who is the P.E. teacher at TCS (where I taught up until this year) was working the nursery this Sunday and is a trusted friend of mine. I planned this Sunday because of Becky being in there.

I dropped her off, and got a bit teary eyed as she started to cry and looked at me when I handed her over to Becky. I knew I had to just walk out. I walked back into church and joined Kelley. They have this really neat system where they give you a sticker with her name and a number on it. (The same sticker is placed on Mia's back). They told me that if they ever need a parent to come to the nursery, that their child's number will apprear at the bottom of the screen in "big" church. Needless to say, I stared at that screen through the entire service! A few numbers popped up, and my heart skipped a beat or two, but it was never Mia's! A friend of mine had taken her little boy in their a little late, and came back into church and whispered to me that Mia was doing great, and was sitting in Becky's lap while Becky read to her. That was a relief to hear. All I was picturing was Mia sitting in there screaming. I had a little trouble focusing on the service, but I know that will get better the more we do this. When I picked her up, they said that she did GREAT. She only cried a little here and there. She started to cry when she saw me, but that was ok :) I just wasn't getting to her fast enough! I am so proud of sweet Mia!!!




Before church...
Here she is after we told her that she would be visiting the nursery today. She was "thinking" about it. haha!

Hmmmmm.....still thinking....

Ok, Mommy! I'll give it a shot!

Here is Mia's sticker with her number #8780. Yea!! We never saw it on the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment