Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

This year's Easter was very "Bittersweet". It was our first Easter without Papa. Easter was always one of his favorites. He LOVED having an entire day to rejoice in our sweet Jesus' Resurrection. Although it was sort of a sad day, it was also a very special day, because he was no longer suffering, and up in Heaven in the presence of the Lord! Wow!

We went to church in Farmer's Branch, with Meme, so that she would not be alone, then spent the day at Meme's, carrying out all of our traditions. It was another beautiful Easter filled with family, children, laughs, hugs, sweet prayers, great food, and our easter egg hunt! Although Mia is too young to understand it all, we still had her "hunt" for eggs.

Here is our sweet Mia, first thing Easter morning. (around 5:30 a.m.) Everyone else was still sleeping, so it was just Mommy and Mia trying to get Easter preperations underway. I am loving her Easter mohawk, here! I am also loving this new onesie given to us from Kim, Liberty, Angie and the girls!
Here is our little Easter bunny getting kisses from Cleo! Cleo just LOVES Mia, and we are so thankful for that!Below are the girls' Easter baskets. Mia's was stocked with some new summer sandles and sunglasses since she can't enjoy the usual Easter basket goodies.. but I HAD to buy her a chocolate bunny (Beatrix Potter). I'm sure Mommy or Daddy will help her with eating it!Below is Bailey's basket, complete with all the yummy goodies and an itunes gift card so she can load up her ipod for her trip to Washington with the 8th graders from school.Bailey ALWAYS appreciates an itunes card! She'll be 14 this Saturday!!!Mia in her Easter dress, trying to figure out this Easter basket thing!She LOVED her new bunny. She loved chewing on the flower even more!"So when can I eat that chocolate bunny, Mommy?"Off to church with Meme!Below is a picture of Mommy and Mia after church at Meme and Papa's house. I just can't say Meme's house...it doesn't sound right. For the past 31 years (for me) it has been "Meme and Papa's house" and in my eyes, it still is.
The rest of these pictures were of our Easter egg hunt. Bailey was my photographer during the hunt so that I could "help" Mia.


Mia is drooling bucket-fulls these days!

Mia and cousin, Sara.

Mia's cousin, Emma, hunting for eggs!

Mommy, Mia and cousin, Emma.

We got tickled at how hard she would grasp the candy that she "found".

She loved holding these M&M's! Nana tried to take them out of her hand to put in her basket and she started crying, so we just let her carry them around. I think she's going to like chocolate!
Still holding those M&M's!



Nana offering Mia more candy. She was definately checking it out!

Sweet Tarts for my Sweet-Heart!



Nana helping Mia find more eggs!
Nana helping Mia play with Ashleigh and Emma. Mia was talking up a storm! We think she found her voice today!
Sara Elizabeth!
The Gang's All Here!
Ok, most of you know that I LOVE collecting rabbits. Well, my husband started a little Easter tradition for me, and each year, he buys me a really neat rabbit for Easter to add to my collection. All of these he has bought me, and I believe they all came from Cracker Barrel. I love pulling them out at Easter. I love how my sweet husband thinks of those little things that really mean the world to me. I sure do love him!


I am so disappointed that we did not get a family picture taken this Easter. I'm not really sure what happened. There was no one to take it while we were home, then church was really busy. Once we got back to Meme's, I was going to have someone take one there, and next thing I knew, everyone was changing clothes. Oh well, we'll get a good one next year. I think it's time for family portraits anyways.

Happy Easter everyone!

He is Risen! He has Risen Indeed!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dang girl, you look good! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would argue that you were never pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so ADORABLE and you look amazing (as I figure you would you teeny little thing). :)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Easter pics!!! Glad you got some of grandma in there... LOL!! I can't find a 'follow' button to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete