Monday, January 19, 2009

We decided to go ahead and buy the baby play center that was leftover on one of our registries. We know that she's still too little to actually "play" with things, but we were curious how she would react to lying in it. It was a HIT! The cutest little bee plays music (which I must say is the BEST music I've heard on a toy or mobile thus far. I actually like to start it over, even after she is asleep, just for fun! Yes, I suppose that's part of my sleep deprivation.) and little bugs hang above her. There is a mirror that she figured out how to see into, and there are four walls that surround her to make her safe. Later on, as she gets older, those walls can be taken down. I've included a video (a very BORING one to probably anyone who is not family) of her first time to lie in it. She was mesmerized by the music and all of the bright colors. I think we have found us another new place to try when she's crying!

A couple of things I want to point out about this video. 1st, if you listen at the beginning (which you may NOT want to) Mia toots for the camera. She'll someday hate that I point these things out to all of my friends and family, but what are Mommies for? Also, if you fast forward to like one minute and 20 seconds into the video, I like to watch how her eyes suddenly caught a reflection in the mirror. She really focuses in on it. I can really tell that her vision is clearing up. Now, if Kelley or I are holding Mia, and the other one comes into the room talking, she will move her eyes to us and stop and hold her gaze. She's also sort of holding her head up. I don't know when you actually say they are officially holding their heads up. She holds it up for short times, but always winds up slamming it back down on my shoulder when I'm not ready and bumbing her nose too hard! She is VERY strong! The dr. is even commenting on her strength. Guess it's from the gallon a day of milk I was practically drinking while I was pregnant! Haha!

I found another use for my old pal, "Boppy"! I think I might be catching on to motherhood just a little bit! And yes, that is an unmade bed she is lying on! I know, ME-an unmade bed??? Unheard of until 5 weeks ago! Oh my, how priorities have changed!!

1 comment:

  1. Drooling on the dog huh? NICE! Poor sister. You are such a good mom. I am so poud of you. Isnt it funny how the baby always looks so fresh and alert while if you panned around at the camera person....well....nevermind! haha. I always looked worn out, ragged out and homeless while the kids looked like a hundred bucks! And 14 years later Im still that tired. I just rock that look better than I did then!!! as you will too.

    ReplyDelete