As some of you know, we have been having a hard time with our Mia lately. She seems to cry and scream quite often. It has just been breaking our hearts, along with keeping us from sleeping more than an hour or two at a time. At first I thought that I just had a fussy baby, but it has really gotten to a point that I can no longer bear. When she cries, it's not your typical baby cry...it's the "I'm in Pain" scream. She screams until her face is so red, and curls up in a tiny ball every time she screams. At first we thought it was gas, and treated it with gas drops. No relief. Then we heard of "Gripe Water"...tried that...no relief. I've gone to a lactation consultant thinking it was my fault with the breastfeeding. (I did find out that I'm not producing enough milk, but I am doing what she said to increase the production, so hopefully that will continue to get better). We added formula....soy....no relief. Well, after another sleepless night, and screaming a long period of the morning, I called and made her an appointment. We braved the cold and headed to the dr this morning. (By the way, my sweet "little" Mia now weighs
10 pounds 3 oz!!!) I hated this for Mia, but was actually quite glad that while we were at the dr, she screamed for a long period of time. I was glad that he got to see her misery first hand. He feels that she may be suffering from acid reflux. Although that makes me sad for her, I hope he is right and that she will get better with medicine. We started her on medicine to help it today. He told us to give it 48 hours to see if there is any improvement. Then, if not, he said we'll go down another avenue. So....right now it's the waiting game. I prayed so hard this morning that Dr. Kalil would be able to help her, (I also prayed so hard that she would not get any cooties while at the dr's office. Luckily, they let me take her on into a room pretty soon after we got there, and got to get out of the waiting room with the sickies, but you know there are still germs everywhere, regardless) Anyways, she's been pretty worn out today from the dr and being upset all morning, so she has taken some good naps. Just say a prayer for her that we find something to relieve her pain soon. Momma and Daddy's hearts are breaking for her. (and they are also VERY sleep deprived) Will update soon on her progress....
Melissa and Kelley,
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful and loving parents, our Mia has. I know you are doing everything for our sweet baby.
Hang in there, it will get better. It is hard to hear her, though. I want relief for her and you both.
We love you and are praying so hard fo relief for everyone.
Mom