I never thought that I would say this, but working WITH your own child can sometimes be difficult. I wouldn't trade our situation for anything in the world. We are financially secure, and that feels GOOD, and we don't have to pay for child care. I get to watch my child learn and grow each and every day, plus I am getting to teach her gymnastics, and I've had fun watching her skills grow in that area, as well. However, sometimes it's hard, because you have to set yourself apart as the parent, make a point not to show favoritism, and when Mia really does need a hug or to be the one to sit in my lap, I find myself feeling like I am playing favorites. I have to remind myself that it's ok to hold her, too. She is a student in my class and deserves the same treatment as all the others. So, I've been working hard on letting the guilt go, and if Mia needs a hug, or to sit in my lap, I'm trying not to feel bad about it. It's hard being 3 years old, and having to share your Mommy with 5 to 8 other children at one time. It's hard on both of us sometimes. That's where these other ladies come in. The WONDERFUL girls that I work with. I couldn't ask for a better group of girls to see each day, and they have become such wonderful friends to me! These girls are also so AMAZING to Mia. They treat her like a little sister. They always talk to her, play with her, hold her, hug her, encourage her....the list goes on and on. This helps me in so many ways, and I've really enjoyed watching Mia bond with these ladies in the way that she has. God has blessed me richly.
These are not great pictures, because they are from my phone, and I'm still sporting the ol' iphone 3G...but it just sheds a little light on how these girls treat my baby!
Mia and coach Hayle...having a private chit chat about pooping in the potty! Haha! True story!
I can't remember what Mia and Jerica were talking about, but it was so sweet to watch
No comments:
Post a Comment