Well, I definately feel like I pulled the "bad mother card". On Mia's 15 month well visit (shots included), we wound up going in and she had a double ear infection, so the well visit turned into a sick visit. Forgetful me, never realized that we missed those shots. (I mean..I feel REALLY bad about this). So, as we headed into our 18 month well visit, feeling relaxed because I knew there were no shots, they informed me that we had to catch up for the ones we missed for her 15 month. I felt so terrible, and Mia just did not have a good visit. For some reason, maybe because she is older and wiser, she started wimpering in the waiting room, like she is starting to know what it means to be there. When they weighed her, and took her measurments, she SCREAMED. I couldn't believe it! She was really upset. Then we go into our room, and for some reason, had to sit and wait for like 30-40 minutes. I have never let Mia play with the toys in Dr offices, for fear of catching things from other sick children, so I was very surprised with myself that I got desperate enough to let her play with a puzzle. I was running out of things to do to keep her entertained. Then, Dr. Kalil came in to check her over. She SCREAMED during this, as well. Poor Mia was just not having a good day. Then, Dr. Kalil leaves and I feel terrible because I know the shots are still coming. They didn't arrive for her shots for another 20 minutes! It was a very rough day, to say the least. My heart broke for realizing that I had lost track of a month of her shots. That will not ever happen again!
Well, here are some pictures we took, trying to pass the time :)
This next picture cracks me up so bad! Dr. Kalil had just left from examining her, and her mood had gone south. The facial expression in this next picture says it all! Haha!
Passing the time with a clipboard...
After her shots...she really was a big girl. I was proud of my little girl. :)
After this picture was taken, we got comfy in the car, with her new sticker book. I found these great jumbo sticker books at Sams, where the stickers can come off and on. They are of Elmo, and Big Bird. She had so much fun with the first one, that I bought her a second, and had all of the stickers already on the book pages for her to go to town with! She forgot very quickly about those mean ol shots, and talked to me the whole way home about her stickers! :)
Next post will be with her stickers :)
Riley does the same thing now at the dr's office. It's so tough on everyone because of the screaming every time they want to touch her! I love that shot of Mia's face after the examination, that was priceless!!!
ReplyDelete